Sales Outsourcing Engagement Model
We provide an outsourced sales model. What does that mean?
- We are your virtual sales team. We carry your business cards. We send emails from your email address. We use your CRM systems. Prospects will think they are dealing direct with your company. Adopting your branding simplifies the sales process - no need for tri-partate NDAs for example.
- You don't have the hassle of setting up an office. We take care of all the administrative overhead of selling in you Europe.
So how do we work with you?
We work on a retainer + commission basis.
Why do we insist on a retainer to sell for you?
- If your products have a long sales cycle, a retainer maintains our commitment to winning you business. We've taken on commission only engagements in the past and unless we struck lucky finding a motivated buyer in the first few weeks, the level of enthusiasm to win you business drops off after 4 weeks. A retainer ensures we stay motivated and committed to winning you business. Our retainer charges are considerably less than the cost of employing someone locally.
- If you employed someone locally you'd pay them a salary and they work exclusively for you. With commission only, you are typically buying 30-50% of a sales person's time. You can of course buy 100% or multiple sales people. With a commission only model the sale professional covers several clients to improve the chances of winning business. In this model, it's human nature to focus on clients with short sales cycles and where it's easy to sell - that probably won't be your complex stuff!
We therefore usually work on a retainer + commission basis. The retainer fee secures you a dedicated number of days per week from sales professional(s). The number of days per week we exclusively allocate to you depends on the retainer fee we negotiate.
- We've also found that if you are prepared to pay for a retainer that you're serious about winning business in Europe. Previous experience with commission only assignments meant we spun our wheels identifying opportunities for clients. Since the clients had zero risk of engaging us they were not committed to assisting with closing the opportunities and felt they could cherry pick and be selective about opportunities. The client's selectively became a disincentive to generate more leads for them. "Why waste time finding them business when they don't want to sell?". With a retainer we're happy to spend time finding deals that fully match your criteria.
Market Footprint provides a professional service for business-to-business sales outsourcing. You want results so we work with you to establish trust.
To make sure we can deliver against your expectations, we operate the following model.
- Pre Engagement Stage
- The first step is getting to know one another.
Can we add value? Are we compatible?
The purpose of this step is to ensure that we can help you. We dont want to make promises we can't keep. If we dont think we can deliver value, we will be up-front and tell you.
This stage will ensure our values and philosophy are compatible.
- Set-Up Phase
- Once the preliminary assessment is done and we understand your requirements, we will make a proposal on the commercial engagement model of how we will work together and detail how we will build the pipeline for you. This typically will outline what we will do in the first 30-90 days. This stage is about agreeing objectives and the model you want to operate.
- Operate Phase
- Once up and running, we'll provide regular updates on progress to achieve the objectives. Quality communication is essential to building trust. Technical sales can be complex - we will work with your local team to identify the features and functionality that will differentiate your offer. Customer questions may require involvement from technical experts and as we move into trial and product evaluation phases the level of supprt needed will increase.
- We'll run periodic reviews to assess performance against the objectives. This will be a great opportuntity for you to catch up on trends in the market place, competitors, customer feedback (both good and bad) to influence product line. This will be a valuable two-way commuinication.
- Once you are well established in the market, the time will come when you may want to establish your own organisation. We will work with you on a graceful transition to your own team. We can help you build the team and get them upto speed.
Copyright 2010-2020. Market Footprint Ltd
Companies registered in England and Wales
Registration numbers 07353190